Anglican Church & School

http://croaghpatrickknockheritagetrail.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/cpkht-placeholder-image.jpg
Heritage

In the early 1800s, people from the north of England came to Mayo to work in the flax industry – flax was used in the production of linen. This church was established for those workers in 1828 to accommodate the large numbers of Anglicans who came here.

Only a small part of the church remains. A two storey school was attached to it to educate the children of workers. Catholic children were forced to attend.